What is Lean manufacturing?
Lean manufacturing or lean production is a systematic method for waste minimization within a manufacturing system without sacrificing productivity.
To be a lean manufacturer, you need an agile manufacturing execution system (MES) that adapts to the manufacturing processes and provides monitoring and control functions to efficiently produce quality product in a non-intrusive manner. To achieve this, your system needs to be rich with extensive features and interfacing capabilities to efficiently deliver a reliable consistent product with as little scrap and waste as possible.
With a home base of Detroit, we bleed manufacturing. But what many people don’t know, is that our MES, IntelliWORKS, powers top manufacturers and suppliers throughout North America.
Our clients tell us IntelliWORKS is one of the best-kept secrets in the industry and with over 27 years of experience evolving and maturing our MES, there’s a lot you may not know about what IntelliWORKS can actually do.
Did you know IntelliWORKS…
- (In most cases) deploys out of the box and does not require custom software development
- Puts the control in your hands. Administration, management, changes and support can all be handled in-house
- Supports batch, sequenced and hybrid production methodologies
- Interfaces with many industrial machine tool builders
- Includes a sequencing module to support build-to-order or just-in-time customer requirements
- Typically includes ERP integration for bill-of-material, production and shipment transaction reporting
- Enables a flexible work-zone
- Failed stations can be replaced in minutes
- Doesn’t include code workarounds
- Is adaptable to the product being produced and independent of the manufacturing process
- Is configurable so you can quickly and easily…
- Change the station’s business logic
- Add new PLC, DC Driver Torque Tools or Ethernet-based devices
- Change which KPIs you collect and measure