Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
The plant floor is a whirlwind of thousands of parts, machines, processes and people. Competitive manufacturers maintain control of all these moving pieces with an MES that provides superb visibility of its processes and effective data collection methods. This keeps production fast and cost-effective.
To be a lean manufacturer, you need real-time visibility of the shop floor inventory and operations – and not just at one plant, but at all of your plants. Our MES solution is scalable to implement across your enterprise so every plant has the same level of visibility. Our customizable MES solution easily integrates with existing enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and MES applications to meet your specific needs.
Your MES – IntelliWORKS
IntelliWORKS is the base of our intelligent manufacturing execution system suite. It is rich with extensive features and interfacing capabilities. Engineered to deliver immediate, predictable, tangible business benefits, IntelliWORKS includes four MES capabilities:
- Error-Proofing: This mistake-proofing or poka-yoke mechanism has operator assistance and quality control functions that assure the proper selection of parts and high-quality first-run assemblies.
- Defect Tracking and Reporting: Display notification along with lights and horns notifies operators and supervisors of a defect on the line. This feature also creates a report for every defect so you can identify the root cause and store the data for historical and regulatory reporting functions. Learn more about our defect tracking and report capability.
- Production Testing: Enable in-process, end-of-line and bench testing for all your assemblies. IntelliWORKS validates and verifies installed components, prevents shipments of bad assemblies, and accelerates repair by identifying the specific repairs needed. Customize IntelliWORKS to meet the exact requirements of your customers.
- Traceability and Genealogy: Traceability identifies and targets specific data involved in an issue. Genealogy collects “cradle-to-grave” data on highly regulated parts like airbags or steering columns, including status, location, activities and the personnel working on it. Traceability and genealogy enhance compliance with customer requirements and government regulations.
- Real-time warning of quality and assembly issues
- Customizable and scalable for line repurposing
- Proper part selection and assembly with part and product tracking
- Link component lots or process parameters to assemblies, serial numbers, VIN tags or shipment containers
- Enable root cause analysis and historical and regulatory reporting
- Interface into end-of-line and bench testing
- Assure high quality first-run assembles
- Minimize operator training
- Build customer confidence and loyalty
- Plan, organize, direct and run day-to-day operations to exceed client expectations
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while maintaining current quality standards
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Reduce emergency maintenance work orders
- Decrease costs with improved first pass yield rates
- Gain operational insight and proactively respond to changing parameters through business intelligence layer of MES
- Standardize processes across the enterprise
- Decrease waste and scrap
- Reduce unexpected downtime
- Validate and verify proper installation