NetStaX EtherNet/IP Device Interoperability Test Tool
Pyramid’s NetStaX™ EtherNet/IP™ Device Interoperability Test Tool (EDITT) is a PC/Windows based software application that automates sections of the EtherNet/IP interoperability PlugFest Test Procedure.
The ODVA EtherNet/IP Implementors Workshop publishes this test procedure and performs it during ODVA PlugFest interoperability testing events.
EDITT provides EtherNet/IP I/O Server, I/O Client, Message Server and Message Client functionality. EDITT is capable of originating a variety of I/O connections based on the connection configuration set by the user. EDITT is compatible with Rockwell Software RSNetWorx for EtherNet/IP or local or remote network configurations.
New Features and Updates for version 1.25
- Updated product security software to prevent Windows Updates and hardware changes on the licensed PC / Laptop from invalidating the unlock key.
- Updated FwdOpen EPath generation for 16 and 32-bit assembly instances and connection points.
- Added test for P12.10 – connection handling through Ethernet link loss.
- Updated the application help to be compatible with latest Windows version.
- EDITT software tool executable
- Readme file with release notes
- EDITT User Guide – Instructions on how to use EDITT
- EDITTHelp.chm – Help contents for EDITT
- Pyramid AB7603.dut – Example DUT configuration file
- PF Test Procedure v9.pdf – Current EtherNet/IP Plug-Fest test procedure
- Recommended Functionality for EIP Devices v10.pdf – Current EtherNet/IP recommendations document
- Version 1.24
- Automates interoperability testing
- Common interoperability
- Adapter interoperability
- Explicit message client interoperability
- Simulates multiple scanners as required by the ODVA Interoperability Test
- Performs configuration of tests
- Creates a test log and network traffic log for the test
- Provides pass/fail indication for each test operation
- Automatic explicit and implicit connections testing
- Scanner Class (originator) functionality
- UCMM (unconnected) messaging client and server
- Class 3 (connected) messaging client and server
- Class 1 (I/O) connection client and server
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8.X and 10
- Minimum PC: Pentium II, 233MHz