NetStaX EIPScan – EtherNet/IP Scanner Simulator
Pyramid’s NetStaX™ EtherNet/IP Scanner Simulator (EIPScan) is an extremely useful tool for testing and debugging EtherNet/IP™ products, performing end-of-line testing, field testing and demonstrating your EtherNet/IP products to end customers. EIPScan also provides Adapter simulation capabilities by allowing Assembly instances to be registered in the tool that can be connected to by other scanners.
EIPScan is a very user friendly PC/Windows™ application that allows you to test EtherNet/IP messaging and connections on a standard PC or Laptop. No additional software or hardware is required.
New Version 2.4.1 features and updates
- New security software is now integrated that prevents the EIPScan unlock key from being invalidated by Windows Updates or hardware changes on the licensed PC or Laptop.
- Built on Pyramid’s latest CT18 tested EtherNet/IP Scanner Stack
- Improved stack and UI performance
- A new EIPScan-SECURE option is available that enables CIP Security connections. The base EIPScan operates as before with standard connections and messaging and once the EIPScan-SECURE option is enabled, additional user interface options are enabled to allow secure connections.
- Added support for Identity object v2. Catalog Number and Manufacture Date is now displayed with the device Identity information.
- Class 3 Maximum request size is now configurable, allowing the use of Large Forward Open and request sizes up to 1516 bytes.
- Originated Class 1 output (O->T) data buffer can now be edited when the connection is inactive (timed out or closed).
- Other EIPScan updates based on user feedback (see the release notes provided with EIPScan).
- EIPScan executable
- EIPScan User Reference Manual
- EIPScan Quick Start Guide
- EDS file compatible with RSNetWorx for EtherNet/IP
- EIPScan Release History Notes
- Connect to devices through one or more Ethernet interfaces on the PC
- Browse the network(s) for devices or manually add them
- Configure and schedule implicit (I/O) and connected explicit connections
- Establish secure connections using the EIPScan-SECURE option*
- View I/O input data and modify output data
- Send connected and unconnected explicit messages
- Built-in automated testing of explicit and implicit connections
- Browse File Object contents of devices on the network
- Class 1 automated tests
- Generate randomized data at fixed intervals
- Simulate one or more adapter devices (via exposed Assembly objects only)
- Scanner Class (client/originator) functionality
- Adapter Class (server/target) functionality
- UCMM (unconnected) explicit messaging client and server
- Class 3 (connected) explicit messaging client and server
- Class 1 (I/O) implicit connection client and server
- Secure Connections*
- Works with Rockwell Software’s RSNetWorx™ for EtherNet/IP
- Supports 256 host interfaces
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8/8.1 and 10
- Minimum PC: Pentium II, 233MHz
- Message router
- Connection manager
- Ethernet link
- Connection configuration object
- CIP/Modbus translation (routing to Modbus/TCP)
- Security Objects*
* The EIPScan-SECURE option must be purchased to enable these features