NetStaX EtherNet/IP Adapter Development Kit
Version 5.1 Now Available with CIP Security Functionality
NetStaX™ EtherNet/IP™ Adapter Development Kit (EADK) enables you to quickly introduce secure EtherNet/IP Adapter (server) Class functionality to your products and systems.
The EADK’s EtherNet/IP Adapter Class protocol stack provides I/O server, message server, message client and CIP Security functionality. It also provides an application programming interface (API) for using Common Industrial Protocol (CIP) via TCP/IP. Easily interface EADK with your product’s application software and socket level TCP/IP interface.
EADK has an object-oriented approach; building blocks, such as TCP/IP sessions, CIP connections, explicit requests and all implemented CIP objects, including assemblies, are grouped into separate modules with corresponding functionality.
This makes the source code easy to understand and debug.
- EtherNet/IP Adapter Class Protocol Stack ‘C’ Source Code for cross-platform development and portability
- EADK Adapter DLL with C++ function call API, C# API and COM API for using the EADK stack with Windows and .NET applications (32 and 64 bit DLLs included)
- EADK-Secure for CIP Security functionality – Optional
- Adapter Class example application executable with source code that demonstrates the use of the EADK’s Adapter Class API and functionality
- EADK Getting Started and Software Reference manuals, and Porting Guide
- An example file to edit for use with your product for pre-conformance testing
- Example EDS file that demonstrates the use of the EADK stack as a Class 1 connection target by remote tools, such as RSNetWorx for EtherNet/IP or other EtherNet/IP configuration tools
- Sample platform files included
- CT17 Conformant
- Enables EtherNet/IP Adapter Class functionality
- UCMM (unconnected) explicit message client (originator) and server (target)
- Class 3 (connected) implicit message server (target)
- Class 1 (I/O) implicit connection server (target)
Resource Utilization and Management
- All resources initialized at stack startup
- No dynamic memory or thread allocation
- Runs on a single thread
Platform, OS and TCP/IP Stack Compatibility and Portability
- “Platform files” separate single platform-specific routines for simple porting
- Useful in many devices and environments including: Embedded: VxWorks, Linux, uC/OS, Windows CE/Mobile, Netburner, No OS (timer tick), and PC-based Linux and Windows (using the included DLLs)
- Compatible with most TCP/IP stacks that provide reasonable Berkeley Sockets compatibility
- Stack core source is ‘C’ code for portability. Move the stack code across platforms with little-to-no modification
- Message router
- Connection manager
- Ethernet link
- *CIP Sync
- Custom objects
- File object
- Class 0 support
- Energy object
*CIP Sync object for configuration only – IEEE1588 stack not included, #DLR object for configuration only – DLR software and hardware not included.
Just Released V5.1
“We found the code very easy to work with and managed to pass acceptance testing with a client in record time. Thanks for all the help!”
“We have been very happy with the adapter library we purchased (took 1 day for us to integrate and get it working in our product, no problems since).”