BridgeWay 2.0 Ethernet to J1939 Gateway
The BridgeWay 2.0 Ethernet to J1939 Gateway (p/n BW4031) enables an EtherNet/IP Scanner or Modbus TCP Master PLC, HMI or other compatible device to perform monitoring and control on an SAE J1939 (CAN) network.
The BW4031 can immediately expand the features and capabilities of your products and systems by enabling:
- Access to J1939 data for real-time monitoring/viewing from:
- Any other devices that transmit J1939 PGN messages (including DM1 and DM2 diagnostic messages)
- Transmission of J1939 PGN messages to:
- Control engine speed or select a transmission gear
- Command actuators and sensors
- Control I/O
- Simulate a device/ECU
- Command/control other devices/systems that support SAE J1939
- Configurable so the user can specify which J1939 PGN messages the module should transmit or receive
- Supports SAE J1939 vehicle protocol and EtherNet/IP (Adapter) and Modbus TCP (Slave) industrial automation protocols
- Works with ControlLogix, CompactLogix, SLC5/05, MicroLogix and other compatible PLCs, HMIs and other devices supporting EtherNet/IP (CIP) messaging/connections
- Works with Modbus TCP Master PLCs, HMIs
andother devices Built inWeb Server for viewing module status and data
- Configuration via free Windows-based software tool (BWConfig 2.0) – save, edit and load configurations
- Uses standard USB cable for configuration (USB to
- Supports Flash field upgrades
- LED network and module status indicators
- Includes DIN rail mount
- Brand label/OEM options
- Dimensions: 110 x 35 x 101 mm / 4.33 x 1.38 x 3.98 in
- Operating voltage: 7 – 40 VDC
- Operating temperature: -25°C – 70°C
- Current requirements: 300mA at 24 VDC
- Mechanical rating: IP20 NEMA rating 1
- Approximate weight: 184g
- UL certification: UL 61010-1 and UL 61010-2-201
- ATEX certification: EN 60079-0 and EN 60079-15
- CE certification: EN 61000-6-2 and EN 61000-6-4
BW4031 Migration Wire Harness (Part No. BW4031-MH)
- Allows direct connection into existing AB7645 installation
- Plug the existing 5-pin Phoenix connector into the migration harness, import your AB7645 configuration file, download it and you are up and running
- Migration to the BW4031 can be completed in a matter of minutes
CANable Lite PGN Monitor Package (Part No. CANable Lite)
This quick and easy PC-based tool is used to view PGN messages on a J1939 (CAN) Network (critical for integrating or troubleshooting an installation). The CANable Lite package includes:
- USB to CAN Adapter
- CANable Lite PC/Windows software
- User manual
Commonly Asked Questions
How can I purchase a BW4031 device?
What protocols are supported?
- EtherNet/IP Adapter
- Modbus TCP* Slave
- J1939 (125k, 250k and 500k)
Note: The BW4031 can also connect to SIEMENS Controllers using Modbus TCP.
What is included with the BW4031?
- 3 Pin Phoenix connector for power
- 6 Pin mini-Phoenix connector for J1939
- BWConfig 2.0 configuration tool
- User Manual
What is required, but NOT included?
- A properly-wired and terminated J1939 network
- An EtherNet/IP or Modbus TCP device (PLC, HMI, etc.)
- Proper 24 VDC power
- A computer to run the BridgeWay configuration tool, BWConfig 2.0
- A Micro USB to USB cable to connect the computer running BWConfig 2.0 to the BridgeWay device
Can I use one BW4031 to read/write PGN messages on two or more J1939 engine networks?
In this scenario, one BridgeWay device will be required for each J1939 engine network. The BridgeWay can then have the same J1939 (CAN) address on each individual network, but the host (Ethernet, Modbus RTU or PROFIBUS) address will have to be unique for each gateway if using a single PLC to read/write data through each gateway.
What J1939 PGN messages does the BW4031 support?
The BW4031 supports all standard SAE PGN messages, proprietary range PGNs and DM1 and DM2 diagnostic messages. C