BridgeWay 2.0 Ethernet to DeviceNet Gateway
The BridgeWay™ 2.0 Ethernet to DeviceNet Gateway (p/n BW4030) enables an EtherNet/IP Scanner or Modbus TCP Master PLC, HMI or other compatible device to act as a bridge or to perform monitoring and control on a DeviceNet network.
There are several options for how to operate the BW4030 module:
- As a network bridge to send CIP messages from EtherNet/IP to DeviceNet or you can send Explicit messages from Modbus TCP to a DeviceNet network
- As a DeviceNet Master that can monitor and control up to 63 Slave devices, including other Master devices operating as Slaves
- As a DeviceNet Slave device that will exchange data with an existing DeviceNet Master
The BW4030 comes with a free downloadable PC/Windows configuration tool: BWConfig 2.0. It allows you to perform basic configuration and commissioning and view diagnostic information.
For operation as a DeviceNet Master, you will need a Scanlist configuration tool, such as RSNetWorx for DeviceNet or HMS Industrial Networks’ ACM Tool (provided free of charge).
- Operates as an EtherNet/IP Adapter and Modbus TCP Slave
- Provides DeviceNet Master or Slave functionality on DeviceNet
- Provides router/bridge functionality to connect EtherNet/IP to DeviceNet (CIP Routing) and supports Modbus TCP to DeviceNet Explicit message bridging
- DeviceNet Master Scanlist configuration can be performed using a free scanlist tool provided by Pyramid Solutions or Rockwell Automation’s RSNetworx™ for DeviceNet
- Supports automatic device replacement (ADR)
- Supports configuration consistency value (CCV)
- Supports DeviceNet Quick Connect client
- Supports configurable input safe state behavior
- Works with ControlLogix, CompactLogix, SLC5/05, MicroLogix and other compatible PLCs, HMIs and controllers that support EtherNet/IP/CIP messaging and connections
- Compatible with most Modbus TCP Master devices
- Supports FLASH field upgrades
- Provides LED network and module status indicators
- Includes DIN rail mount
- Uses minimal DIN rail space (67% less than the original BridgeWay 1.0 gateways)
- Brand label/OEM options
- Enables connectivity to existing or new DeviceNet networks and devices that support only EtherNet/IP or Modbus TCP on Ethernet
- Replaces high-cost computer gateways and PLC scanners
- Rapid installation and configuration
- Superior product support
- Dimensions: 110 x 35 x 101 mm / 4.33 x 1.38 x 3.98 in
- Operating voltage: 7 – 40 VDC
- Operating temperature: -25°C – 70°C
- Current requirements: 300mA at 24 VDC
- Mechanical rating: IP20 NEMA rating 1
- UL certification: UL 61010-1 and UL 61010-2-201
- ATEX certification: EN 60079-0 and EN 60079-15
- CE certification: EN 61000-6-2 and EN 61000-6-4
ACM Scanlist Configuration Tool (Part No. BW4030-ACM)
- Free Scanlist configuration tool provided on request with a module purchase
- HMS Industrial Networks’ ACM Tool connects to the BW4030 via EtherNet/IP using your standard PC Ethernet port
- Allows you to view your DeviceNet Network
- Allows you to register DeviceNet Slave EDS files and add their I/O to the scanlist
Commonly Asked Questions
How can I purchase a BW4030 device?
What is included with a BW4030 gateway?
- One 3-Pin Phoenix connector for power
- One 5-Pin Phoenix connector for DeviceNet
- One free license of our configuration tool: BWConfig 2.0
- User manual
What protocols are supported?
Note: The BW4030 can also connect to SIEMENS Controllers using Modbus TCP.
What is required, but NOT included?
- A DeviceNet Scanlist configuration tool such as RSNetWorx for DeviceNet, HMS’ NetTool-DN-D or ACM (ACM is provided separately for free upon request with a BW4030 purchase)
- A properly-wired and terminated DeviceNet network with properly-configured DeviceNet Slave and/or Master devices
- A properly-wired and segmented Ethernet network
- A properly-configured EtherNet/IP Scanner and/or Modbus TCP Master device
- A PC or laptop to run the BWConfig 2.0 configuration tool and the selected DeviceNet Master Scanlist configuration tool
- A Micro USB to USB cable to connect your computer to the BW4030 for BWConfig 2.0
- 24 VDC power
- DeviceNet network power (if not the same power supply)
Can I purchase a DeviceNet Scanlist Configuration tool through Pyramid Solutions?
“Importing the file was as easy as spreading warm butter. Software looks very organized. As I am involved in project development I do appreciate software and products I use heading in the correct direction.”