BridgeWay PROFIBUS to DeviceNet Gateway
The BridgeWay™ PROFIBUS to DeviceNet™ Gateway (AB7605) provides connectivity between a PROFIBUS-DP network and a DeviceNet network. This compact, DIN rail-mountable device solves a mission-critical problem by connecting existing or newly installed DeviceNet networks to PROFIBUS DP-Master PLCs, Scanners, HMIs or DCSs.
The AB7605 is the proven choice to monitor and control devices on a DeviceNet network from any PROFIBUS-DP Master.
The gateway operates as a PROFIBUS-DP Slave, allowing a PROFIBUS-DP Master to read and/or write data to/from 63 DeviceNet Slave devices if desired. The DeviceNet side of the gateway is a full DeviceNet Master and I/O scanner, complete with the Automatic Device Replacement (ADR) feature. With ADR, the gateway automatically restores configuration data to a device, once the DeviceNet network replaces a failed device. This eliminates the additional cost of PLC-based DeviceNet scanners and adds connectivity to your DeviceNet networks throughout the plant. The AB7605 can also operate as a DeviceNet Slave.
Configuring AB7605 is easy with Rockwell Software’s RSNetWorx™ for DeviceNet or NetTool-DN-D (available from Pyramid Solutions). Configuration consists of building a scan list of the target devices on your DeviceNet network. This transforms the input/output data maps into PROFIBUS-DP I/O data.
- PROFIBUS-DP to DeviceNet network connectivity
- Works with a PROFIBUS-DP Master-compatible PLC, HMI or DCS
- Complete DeviceNet Master/Scanner for up to 63 DeviceNet Slave devices or can operate as a DeviceNet Slave
- Operates and appears as a PROFIBUS-DP Slave
- DeviceNet configuration is performed using Rockwell Software’s RSNetWorx™ for DeviceNet or NetTool-DN-D (available from Pyramid Solutions)
- Supports Automatic Device Replacement (ADR) functionality (now 128k)
- Supports Configuration Consistency Value (CCV) functionality
- Supports DeviceNet Quick Connect client functionality
- Supports configurable input safe state behavior
- Optionally map the DeviceNet scanner status into the I/O data for PROFIBUS Masters that can’t read diagnostic data
- Supports FLASH field updates
- LED network and module status indicators
- DIN (includes DIN rail mount)
- Rugged aluminum enclosure
- AB7605 EDS and GSD files provided for configuration tools
- Enables existing or new DeviceNet networks to connect to incompatible control networks
- Replaces high cost computer gateways and PLC scanners
- Rapid installation and configuration
- Superior product support
- Mechanical dimensions: L=4.96″ (126mm); W=4.30″ (109mm); H=1.65″ (42mm)
- Operating voltage: 11 – 32 VDC
- Operating temperature: 0 – 70° C
- EMC compliance: EN50081-2 and EN50082-2
- Certifications: CE and cULus
AB7605 Configuration Kit (Part No. AB7605-CFG)
- 3 meter 9-to-9 pin serial cable to configure the module with BWConfig software
- Latest version of AB7605 User Manual, BWConfig software, EDS file and GSD file
Note: Need NetTool-DN-D (available from Pyramid Solutions) or RSNetworx to configure the module’s DeviceNet Master scan list.