BridgeWay 2.0 Ethernet to DeviceNet Gateway
The BridgeWay™ 2.0 Ethernet to DeviceNet Gateway (p/n BW4030) enables an EtherNet/IP Scanner or Modbus TCP Master PLC, HMI or other compatible device to act as a bridge or to perform monitoring and control on a DeviceNet network.
There are several options for how to operate the BW4030 module:
- As a network bridge to send CIP messages from EtherNet/IP to DeviceNet or you can send Explicit messages from Modbus TCP to a DeviceNet network
- As a DeviceNet Master that can monitor and control up to 63 Slave devices, including other Master devices operating as Slaves
- As a DeviceNet Slave device that will exchange data with an existing DeviceNet Master
The BW4030 comes with a free downloadable PC/Windows configuration tool: BWConfig 2.0. It allows you to perform basic configuration and commissioning and view diagnostic information.
For operation as a DeviceNet Master, you will need a Scanlist configuration tool, such as RSNetWorx for DeviceNet or HMS Industrial Networks’ ACM Tool (provided free of charge).
- Operates as an EtherNet/IP Adapter and Modbus TCP Slave
- Provides DeviceNet Master or Slave functionality on DeviceNet
- Provides router/bridge functionality to connect EtherNet/IP to DeviceNet (CIP Routing) and supports Modbus TCP to DeviceNet Explicit message bridging
- DeviceNet Master Scanlist configuration can be performed using a free scanlist tool provided by Pyramid Solutions or Rockwell Automation’s RSNetworx™ for DeviceNet
- Supports automatic device replacement (ADR)
- Supports configuration consistency value (CCV)
- Supports DeviceNet Quick Connect client
- Supports configurable input safe state behavior
- Works with ControlLogix, CompactLogix, SLC5/05, MicroLogix and other compatible PLCs, HMIs and controllers that support EtherNet/IP/CIP messaging and connections
- Compatible with most Modbus TCP Master devices
- Supports FLASH field upgrades
- Provides LED network and module status indicators
- Includes DIN rail mount
- Uses minimal DIN rail space (67% less than the original BridgeWay 1.0 gateways)
- Brand label/OEM options
- Enables connectivity to existing or new DeviceNet networks and devices that support only EtherNet/IP or Modbus TCP on Ethernet
- Replaces high-cost computer gateways and PLC scanners
- Rapid installation and configuration
- Superior product support
- Dimensions: 110 x 35 x 101 mm / 4.33 x 1.38 x 3.98 in
- Operating voltage: 7 – 40 VDC
- Operating temperature: -25°C – 70°C
- Current requirements: 300mA at 24 VDC
- Mechanical rating: IP20 NEMA rating 1
- UL certification: UL 61010-1 and UL 61010-2-201
- ATEX certification: EN 60079-0 and EN 60079-15
- CE certification: EN 61000-6-2 and EN 61000-6-4
ACM Scanlist Configuration Tool (Part No. BW4030-ACM)
- Free Scanlist configuration tool provided on request with a module purchase
- HMS Industrial Networks’ ACM Tool connects to the BW4030 via EtherNet/IP using your standard PC Ethernet port
- Allows you to view your DeviceNet Network
- Allows you to register DeviceNet Slave EDS files and add their I/O to the scanlist
Commonly Asked Questions
How can I purchase a BW4030 device?
Please contact us for all inquiries regarding price, availability and distribution.
What is included with a BW4030 gateway?
Each BW4030 device comes equipped with:
- One 3-Pin Phoenix connector for power
- One 5-Pin Phoenix connector for DeviceNet
- One free license of our configuration tool: BWConfig 2.0
- User manual
What protocols are supported?
The BridgeWay 4030 supports EtherNet/IP Adapter and/or Modbus TCP* Slave to DeviceNet Master or Slave.
Note: The BW4030 can also connect to SIEMENS Controllers using Modbus TCP.
What is required, but NOT included?
- A DeviceNet Scanlist configuration tool such as RSNetWorx for DeviceNet, HMS’ NetTool-DN-D or ACM (ACM is provided separately for free upon request with a BW4030 purchase)
- A properly-wired and terminated DeviceNet network with properly-configured DeviceNet Slave and/or Master devices
- A properly-wired and segmented Ethernet network
- A properly-configured EtherNet/IP Scanner and/or Modbus TCP Master device
- A PC or laptop to run the BWConfig 2.0 configuration tool and the selected DeviceNet Master Scanlist configuration tool
- A Micro USB to USB cable to connect your computer to the BW4030 for BWConfig 2.0
- 24 VDC power
- DeviceNet network power (if not the same power supply)
Can I purchase a DeviceNet Scanlist Configuration tool through Pyramid Solutions?
Yes, Pyramid Solutions can provide HMS’ ACM tool for free but, only with the purchase of a BW4030 gateway. Otherwise, you will need to contact your Rockwell Automation distributor and purchase RSNetworx for DeviceNet.
“Importing the file was as easy as spreading warm butter. Software looks very organized. As I am involved in project development I do appreciate software and products I use heading in the correct direction.”